I have been doing some research and experimentation with my day to day activities for the last two weeks, so far I have seen some improvements in the energy levels. So here are tips on how to get and maintain high energy (also applies to your workplace)
- Exercise a little bit everyday: I have started jogging every second a day, either after school or the first thing in the morning. This has kept my energy levels high but it takes an hour out of my the day. Yet, I feel more energetic and productive!
- Meetings, lectures and events: Embrace them but try to get a 5 minute break every couple of hours. Anything longer and the rate of energy drainage accelerates!
- Breakfast and snacks: Have something for breakfast, serial a yogurt or just a glass of milk. It will take you miles. Throughout the day and during breaks have small healthy snacks.
- Water, Water, Water... in huge quantities
- Sleep: Try to go to bed and fall asleep at the same time every night, also get as close to 8 hours of sleep as possible. This has been my ongoing challenge and with the demanding workload its been difficult to tackle.
Hope these work for you and let me know if you have any other tips I should add to this list!